Pineapple fruit is the outer rough, tough, scaly rind may be dark green, yellow, orange-yellow or reddish when the fruit is ripe. The fruit is described as compound fruit that develops from many small fruits fused together around the central core. Internal juicy flesh may range from creamy white to yellow and has a mix of sweet and tart taste with rich flavor.
• Fresh Pineapple is low in calories. Nonetheless, ii is a storehouse of several unique health promoting compounds, minerals and vitamins that are essential for optimum health.
• 100 g fruit provides just about 50 calories equivalent to that of apples.
• Pineapple fruit contains a proteolytic enzyme Bromelain that digests food by breaking down protein. Bromelain also has anti-inflammatory, anti-clotting and anti-cancer properties. Studies have shown that
consumption of pineapple regularly helps fight against arthritis, indigestion and worm infestation.
• Fresh pineapple is an excellent source of antioxidant vitamin; vitamin C. 100 g fruit contains 47.8 or 80% of this vitamin. Vitamin C is required for the collagen synthesis in the body.
• It also contains small amount Vitamin A and beta-carotene levels. These compounds are known to have antioxidant properties. Vitamin A is also required maintaining healthy mucus membranes, skin and essential for vision. Studies have suggested that consumption of natural fruits rich in flavonoids helps the human body to protect from lung and oral cavity cancers.
• This fruit Contains B-complex group of vitamins like folates, thiamin, pyridoxine, riboflavin and minerals like copper, manganese and potassium. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids, helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure. Copper is a helpful cofactor for red blood cell synthesis. Manganese is a co-factor for the enzyme superoxide dismutase, which is a very powerful free radical scavenger.
Energy : 50kcal
Carbohydrates : 13.52g
Protein : 0.54 g
Calcium : 13mg
Copper : 0.110 mg
Iron : 0.29 mg
Vitamin A : 58 IU
Vitamin C : 47.8 mg
Vitamin E : 0.02mg
Vitamin K : 0.07 mg