February 14,

On a February 14, an old man boarded a bus, carrying a dozen roses. A young man made room for him to sit, saying “Somebody’s going to get a beautiful Valentine’s Day gift.” The old man smiled and nodded.

After a few minutes, he noticed that his young companion was still gazing at the roses. “Do you have a girlfriend?” he asked.

“I do,” said the young man. “I’m on my way to see her. I’m bringing her this.” He held up a Valentine’s card. They rode along in silence for another few minutes until the old man rose to get off the bus. As he stepped out into the aisle, he suddenly placed the roses on the young man’s lap and said, “I think my wife would want you to have these. I’ll tell her I gave them to you.”

He then turned and left the bus. As the bus pulled away, the young man looked out the window to see the old man enter the gates of a cemetery.

Moral of the story:

You never know where the opportunity to love another might come. Whether boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife, son/daughter, friend, or even stranger. When you give love, it seems to magically come back to you.